Virtual Keypad™ Version 5.0 Adds Multi-System Administration & User Profile Management
December 29, 2015
The DMP Virtual Keypad App for Android now brings even more features to mobile devices with the Version 5.0 software update. Android phone and tablet users can now take greater remote control over their residential or commercial security systems, whether they are across the room or across the country.
In Version 5.0 of the Virtual Keypad App, users are now able to add, edit and delete user profiles which define the authority of every user code in the system. Profiles will display on your customer's App with XR150/XR550 systems if User Code Management is enabled.
Version 5.0 also now provides end users Multi-System Administration that allows an authorized person to administer System Users, System Schedules and more for multiple panels. If your login email address was programmed with Administration Authority by your security company or another Admin, "ADMINISTRATION" will be listed at the top of your SELECT SYSTEM list. Administration allows multi-system changes or updates to Users and Schedules without having to go into each system individually. Systems can be included in more than one group.
This is a powerful online tool that every company with multiple locations and systems will appreciate and enjoy once you make this feature available to users. Dealers need to enable Users and Schedules for each system and App user.
These new features build on the already powerful capabilities of the App, including:
- System arming/disarming
- System and panel status
- Z-wave automation of thermostats, light, and locks
- Favorites, which enables control of multiple Z-wave devices with a single touch
- Rooms, a feature that allows users to take a picture of an area and add hotspot control of Z-Wave devices
- Real-time local weather
- View live video from cameras
- User-code management (add, delete, or edit users)
- Schedules: View, add, edit, and delete system schedules for arming/disarming, favorites (includes Z-Wave®), outputs, and doors.
- Faulted Zones: when the system is being armed, the App alerts the user to any faulted zones and allows them to be force-armed, bypassed, or the arming process to be stopped so that any problems with the zone can be corrected.
- False-Alarm Reduction: When receiving a burglary alarm Push Notification, “Is This A False Alarm?” is displayed, allowing the user to confirm or cancel the alarm by tapping "Real Alarm" versus "False Alarm" on the screen.
- Enhanced Video Verification: If cameras are on the system, users can click on the Alarm Push Notification and open the App to view a list of available camera views, giving them the ability to verify the alarm based on the video clips and live thumbnails.
- Door Control & Lockdown: Lock and unlock doors, and initiate lockdown to all public doors and Z-Wave locks (XR150/XR350/XR550 systems).
- Rooms with a View: Allows users to watch real-time device activation when clicking on hotspots embedded in the associated video stream.
All App features are accessed through an elegant, intuitive interface.
Watch this video to learn more: