Virtual Keypad™ App Now Available on Apple TV®
Customers can view cameras, watch clips, and activate Favorites from their TV!
New Apple TV Update:
The DMP Virtual Keypad App is now available from the Apple TV App Store on 4th Generation and newer Apple TVs. The app is free to download and is included for current app users. The Apple TV App is a convenient way for current Virtual Keypad App users to monitor and control several system features from their TV screen.
Simply download the App through the App Store on the Apple TV. Open the App Store, and search for "Virtual Keypad'. Once downloaded, log in using your normal Virtual Keypad App credentials.
From the Apple TV App, users can view their cameras (multiple cameras or a single camera full-screen), watch pre-recorded clips, and activate their Z-Wave Favorites. The App can also be linked to multiple systems.
To learn more about the Apple TV App, watch this video:
For more information on the new App, please view the Technical Update, TU-0893.
This new Apple TV App builds on the already powerful capabilities of the Current Virtual Keypad App for Apple® and Android™ devices. Current IOS & Android Features include:
- System arming/disarming
- System and panel status
- Z-wave automation of thermostats, light, and locks
- Favorites, which enable control of multiple Z-wave devices with a single touch
- Rooms, a feature that allows users to take a picture of an area and add hotspot control of Z-Wave devices
- Real-time local weather
- View live video from cameras
- User-code management (add, delete, or edit users)
- Schedules: View, add, edit, and delete system schedules for arming/disarming, favorites (includes Z-Wave®), outputs, and doors.
- Faulted Zones: When the system is being armed, the App alerts the user to any faulted zones and allows them to be force-armed, bypassed, or the arming process to be stopped so that any problems with the zone can be corrected.
- False-Alarm Reduction. When receiving a burglary alarm Push Notification, “Is This A False Alarm?” is displayed, allowing the user to confirm or cancel the alarm by tapping "Real Alarm" versus "False Alarm" on the screen.
- Enhanced Video Verification: If cameras are on the system, users can click on the Alarm Push Notification and open the App to view a list of available camera views, giving them the ability to verify the alarm based on the video clips and live thumbnails.
- Door Control & Lockdown: Lock and unlock doors, and initiate lockdown for all public doors and Z-Wave locks (XR150/XR550 systems).
- Rooms with a View: Allow users to watch real-time device activation when clicking on hotspots embedded in the associated video stream.
- Camera Settings: Record on motion & alarm, flip image, and motion detection regions.
- Customizable Home Screen tab to keep frequently used favorites and cameras easily accessible.
- Compatible with the Apple Watch on iOS systems.
Access all App features through an elegant, intuitive interface.