Virtual Keypad™ 6.0 Now Available in the App® Store
Redesigned Faster App, New Look & Feel
The DMP Virtual Keypad App now brings even more features to mobile devices with the Version 6.0 software update. Apple and Android phone and tablet users can now take greater remote control over their residential or commercial security systems, whether they are across the room or across the country.
Version 6.0 offers a brand new user interface that integrates a clean and modern design, making it simpler and faster for your customers to navigate their alarm system. The new Virtual Keypad™ App 6.0 has all the features of the previous version and is available for download in the App Store and Play Store.
“Version 6.0 is a major enhancement to the Virtual Keypad in terms of navigation, user interface and speed of use,” said Vice President of Product Design, Jeff Britton. “The new look is sleek, and users can even upload a cover photo now to further customize their app."
New Features in the 6.0 update:
- All New Lighter User Interface Design
- Customizable Arming Screen with Cover Photo
- Faster App Launch
- Zone Status Screen
- Pinch and Zoom Security Cameras (iOS)
- Faster Z-Wave
- Z-Wave Optimize (XT Panels Only)
- Faster Armed Status Updates on Apple Watch
Read the complete Feature Update (TU-0945) to learn more.
These new features build on the existing long list of capabilities of the App, including:
All App features are accessed through an elegant, intuitive interface.
- System arming/disarming
- System and panel status
- Z-wave automation of thermostats, light, and locks
- Favorites, which enables control of multiple Z-wave devices with a single touch
- Rooms, a feature that allows users to take a picture of an area and add hotspot control of Z-Wave devices
- Real-time local weather
- View live video from cameras
- User-code management (add, delete, or edit users)
- Schedules: View, add, edit, and delete system schedules for arming/disarming, favorites (includes Z-Wave®), outputs, and doors.
- Faulted Zones: when the system is being armed, the App alerts the user to any faulted zones and allows them to be force-armed, bypassed, or the arming process to be stopped so that any problems with the zone can be corrected.
- False-Alarm Reduction: When receiving a burglary alarm Push Notification, “Is This A False Alarm?” is displayed, allowing the user to confirm or cancel the alarm by tapping "Real Alarm" versus "False Alarm" on the screen.
- Enhanced Video Verification: If cameras are on the system, users can click on the Alarm Push Notification and open the App to view a list of available camera views, giving them the ability to verify the alarm based on the video clips and live thumbnails.
- Door Control & Lockdown: Lock and unlock doors, and initiate lockdown to all public doors and Z-Wave locks (XR150/XR550 systems).
- Rooms with a View: Allows users to watch real-time device activation when clicking on hotspots embedded in the associated video stream.
Explore the Virtual Keypad App’s features and functions with any of these resources: