Virtual Keypad™ Version 5.1 Adds SecureCom Video™ NVR Compatibility & Widgets on Android®
March 04, 2016
New Android Update:
The updated DMP Virtual Keypad App for Android contains more features for mobile devices with the Version 5.1 software update.
Users can take advantage of the new SecureCom Video NVR. The Network Video Recorder (NVR) provides video surveillance 24/7 from a computer monitor or TV. The Virtual Keypad™ App allows users to selectively view recorded clips from the cameras. View up to 8 cameras on the App, up from 6 previously.
The Version 5.1 update's amazing range of recording features greatly expands the system’s capabilities.
Want to learn more? Sign up for the NVR Launch Webinar on March 16, 2016 at 1 pm CST.
Version 5.1 provides the Widget feature. Set up the Widget on the home screen of the Android in the Settings screen. From there, choose several App features and options without logging into the App. Choose a Favorite or an Arming option, or view History. Up to 5 different app options may be displayed on the Widget.
For more information on this new feature, please view the complete Technical Update, TU-0838.
These new features build on the already powerful capabilities of the App, including:
- System arming/disarming
- System and panel status
- Z-wave automation of thermostats, light, and locks
- Favorites, which enable control of multiple Z-wave devices with a single touch
- Rooms, a feature that allows users to take a picture of an area and add hotspot control of Z-Wave devices
- Real-time local weather
- View live video from cameras
- User-code management (add, delete, or edit users)
- Schedules: View, add, edit, and delete system schedules for arming/disarming, favorites (includes Z-Wave®), outputs, and doors.
- Faulted Zones: When the system is being armed, the App alerts the user to any faulted zones and allows them to be force-armed, bypassed, or the arming process to be stopped so that any problems with the zone can be corrected.
- False-Alarm Reduction. When receiving a burglary alarm Push Notification, “Is This A False Alarm?” is displayed, allowing the user to confirm or cancel the alarm by tapping "Real Alarm" versus "False Alarm" on the screen.
- Enhanced Video Verification: If cameras are on the system, users can click on the Alarm Push Notification and open the App to view a list of available camera views, giving them the ability to verify the alarm based on the video clips and live thumbnails.
- Door Control & Lockdown: Lock and unlock doors, and initiate lockdown to all public doors and Z-Wave locks (XR150/XR350/XR550 systems).
- Rooms with a View: Allows users to watch real-time device activation when clicking on hotspots embedded in the associated video stream.
Access all App features through an elegant, intuitive interface.
Watch this video to learn more about the new NVR: